Chamber Music Academy
Chamber Music skills propel students in their solo instrumental studies and into orchestra leadership positions by developing and enhancing listening, rhythmic, interpretive, and communication skills . . . and the chamber music repertoire is amazing!
About the Chamber Music Academy
- weekly chamber music coachings
- numerous performance opportunities, including SPCMA recitals
- competition preparation and support
- chamber music masterclasses with guest artists and the Academy faculty
- Trios: $30/hour
- Quartets $22/hour
- Quintets $18/hour
Contact Academy Director, Tom Rosenberg to set up an audition time.
Each audition will include:
- 2 short solo excerpts in contrasting style (i.e., one slower, one faster), each 5 minutes or less
- String players will include one scale (3 octaves) in the following manner: slow with vibrato, 4 bounced bows per note, 4 on-the-string bower per note, triplets per note and hooked bowings.
- A very short sight reading excerpt
Academy Director, Tom Rosenberg
Director of the Chamber Music Academy, Tom Rosenberg, is a cellist and
career chamber musician artist/teacher whose Opus 1911 Music Chamber Music Studio will be incorporated into the program. (www.tomrosenbergmusic.com)
Tom’s students have won numerous awards at local and national chamber music
competitions, over 30 have played on NPR’s “FROM THE TOP”, have been accepted to every major music conservatory and have gone on to careers as performers,
teachers and music administrators.
Tom is joined by several other wonderful coaches, including:
Violist, member of the Minnesota Orchestra, and Artistic Director of “Music in the Vineyards” in Napa Valley, CA
SPCO violist, Graduate of Curtis and Juiliard, prize winner of Lionel Tertis Competition
Frequent collaborative pianist with Isles Ensemble and members of the SPCO and MN Orchestra